After the repair is completed, the lifetime warranty does not protect against:
- Mishandling and accidents that cause the frame to bend, twist, or crack
- Liquid damage
- Tampered with internal components
- Damage resulting from attempted customer repairs
- Software issues unrelated to the repair
- Jailbroken or rooted devices
- New damages unrelated to the repair
- Any data loss as a result of the repair — please back up your data before the start of the repair
Our lifetime warranty does not cover the outcome of a repair if certain pre-conditions exist, including
- Known factory and/or performance issues related to the device but separate from the repair, as noted prior to the repair
- Liquid damage
- Tampered with internal components that may make the device impossible to repair
- Malfunctioning, damaged or severed home button/ fingerprint scanner
The lifetime warranty is limited to the specific device repaired and the original customer. The warranty is not transferable to other devices or if the device is sold to another person.
In case a device is irreparable as a result of a repair by an iCare Repair technician, the customer is entitled to a refurbished device of equal or greater value of the damaged device based on the condition as received and with the original repair issue resolved, or the monetary equivalent of fair market value of the device in that condition as determined by iCare Repair. To receive a replacement device, the customer’s damaged device must be handed over to iCare Repair.